There are three ways to add an asset in EquipmentShare Track. Only a Manager, Owner, or Admin- level role has the ability to add assets to a company portal.
Method 1 - Adding Individual Asset from Menu
- From the left navigation menu in EquipmentShare Track, select Add Assets.
- Complete the List Your Asset form.
- Select Save Asset.
Method 2 - Adding Asset Individually from Company Dashboard
- From the left navigation menu in EquipmentShare Track, select Company.
- Select Assets (across the top).
- Select Add Asset.
- Complete the List Your Asset form and click Save Asset.
Method 3 - Adding Assets in Bulk in Company Dashboard
- From EquipmentShare Track, select Company in the left navigation menu.
- Select Assets (at the top). Select Bulk Add.
- The Bulk Add Assets window will display. Scroll to the bottom and select the CSV template of sample data.
- The template will open. Complete the spreadsheet with your bulk asset information using the following table as a reference.
-Asset Type: Must be Vehicle, Equipment, Attachment, Bucket, Trailer or Small Tool
-Vin/Serial: The asset's Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) or serial number
-Config Opt: Description of configuration options
-WAYL: "What Are You Uploading", include a brief asset description
-Custom ID: The custom ID of the asset - must be unique across all company assets
-Year: The asset's production year
-Make: The asset's make - must match the make in the Track system
-Model: The asset's model - must match the model in the Track system
-Custom Model: Must be specified if the model is not
-Category: Will be created if not predefined - defaulted to a miscellaneous category based on the Asset Type, if not specified
-Class: The asset's class - will be created under the specified category if not predefined
-Group: Will be created if not predefined
-Color Coding: The asset's color - must be a preset color in the Track system (see below color reference)
-Default Location: Set to the user's default location if not specified or found
-Tracker: The tracker device assigned to the asset - must match an existing Tracker device serial number
-Hours: The asset's hours - defaulted to 0 if entry is non-numeric or not specified
-Odometer: This field is for vehicles only - defaulted to 0 if entry is non-numeric or not specified
-Engine Make: This field is for equipment only - must match engine make in the Track system
-Engine Model: This field is for equipment only
-Engine Serial Number: This field is for equipment only
-If Engine Model or Engine Serial Number is entered, but an Engine Make is not, the entire upload will be rejected.
-When a Model and Custom Model are entered, the Custom Model will be used.
-The Class names must be unique across all categories in the company.
-The Color Coding field defaults to "Dark Grey" if the entry is left blank.
- Once the asset information has been completed in the spreadsheet, click File > Save and be sure to keep it in a CSV format.
- Return to the Bulk Add Assets window and select Choose File and locate the CSV file you just completed. Click Upload.
Reasons for Upload Error
-Not providing a required header/field.
-Uploading invalid Make, Model, Tracker, or Equipment Make fields.
-Using a duplicate Custom ID.
-Leaving the Model and Custom Model fields blank.
-Attempting to create a Class with a name already used by another custom Class in a different Category.
-Specifying a Color Coding value that is not in the presets.
-Entering an Equipment Model or Equipment Serial Number when the associated Equipment Make field is left empty.
- Upon successful upload, the assets are added to your company's EquipmentShare Track portal and found in the assets table.