You may see that your asset's Tracker device's status is Out of Lock from the Track map view.
The Out of Lock icon will display next to an asset from the Map view in Track.
View the Out Of Lock icon on the map.
What is an Out of Lock Status?
Out of Lock means the connection between the asset and the Tracker device is not communicating as it should. The Tracker device sends messages to our system (behind the scenes) to update our Track web interface on the front-end. When the Tracker device is Out of Lock, it means our system hasn't received a message.
Out of Lock will appear in the following scenarios:
- The ignition is on, but our system hasn't received a message for 20 minutes.
- The ignition is off, and our system hasn't received a message for 14 hours.
- The ignition is off + the asset is being hauled, and our system hasn't received a message for 20 minutes.
- The trailer with a tracker has not received a message from our system within one day.
- The BLE asset has not received a message from our system within 7 days.
Why does this occur?
- You may be in a location where the Tracker device cannot make a cellular connection, such as under a bridge or in a warehouse.
Note: Your Tracker device is still capturing data even in poor service areas and will be reflected in Track once the Tracker device is no longer in Out of Lock status.
- You may be in an area with no GPS signal.
- The installation or wiring of the Tracker device may be causing issues.
How to troubleshoot an Out of Lock Tracker Device?
Check out the Troubleshooting Tips for Out of Lock Trackers article or contact our Customer Support team by selecting the chat icon on the bottom right of your EquipmentShare Track session.