To use an asset that has keypad access, you first need to assign operators and users on your team with unique access codes. Once the keycodes are created, the drivers will use their own keycode to start and run the machines.
When your company joins the EquipmentShare Track platform, you will be given a keycode to use on rentals if you choose. Additional keycodes can be added to your company by following the steps below.
In Track, Managers, Admins, or Owners have the ability to create and assign a keycode to a user for operating an asset's keypad. First, your users need to exist in Track. Follow these steps to Add a New User.
Adding Keycode(s) to Users
- From EquipmentShare Track, select Company from the left navigation menu.
- Select Keycodes (at the top).
- Select Add New Keycode. Note: Multiple keycodes can be added to EquipmentShare Track.
- From the Add New Key Code window, fill out the information.
- Select a Key Code Type:
- User-Based: specific to a user. The list is users already setup in EquipmentShare Track for your Company. For more information, check out Adding a New User.
- General Code: a general access code. In the Keypad's Action Log, General Code logins will display just the code, not the actual user.
- Enter a Custom Code of at least 4 digits and max ten, numeric values only or select Generate Key Code box to have the system generate a code for you.
- Select Add Code. The keycode will display in the table.
- For rental customers, you have the ability to auto-apply the keycode to all of your company's rental equipment going forward. To do this, select the Auto-Apply option for the keycode. To remove the keycode from rentals, unselect the Auto-Apply option.
Note: If you would like to Auto-Apply keycodes to assets that are currently on-rent, you will need to manually assign the keycode to the asset by following the steps below.
⚠️ Important! Now you must add the key code to the specific asset with a keypad.
Adding the Keycode to an Asset
- From EquipmentShare Track, select Map.
- Select an asset with a keypad from the list. Note: Assets with a keypad are noted with a keypad icon.
- Select Details.
- Select Access (at the top).
- The Keypad Codes table lists all the keycodes created for your company.
- Select Add to add a keycode to the asset.
- Select Remove to remove a key code from the asset.
- The Action Log table (at the bottom) will show the access attempts and key code installation and removal history.
Note: Once a keycode has been assigned to an asset it can take a few minutes to install. It will display as Pending Install until fully installed.
- Once the keycode is installed, it can be used to start the machine. The machine does not need to be turned off for a new keycode to be installed, however, for the new keycode to start the asset, the machine needs to be turned off and then turned back on again with the new keycode.
- Users cannot uninstall keycodes that have been hard-wired to machines by the EquipmentShare branch.